FIRST REGULAR FLIGHT AT PLATOV INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
On 7 December, Platov International Airport (part of Airports of Regions holding company) accepted its first regular passenger flight. The airlines and passengers service are transferred from one airport to the other, completely newly built and located at a distance of 30 km from Rostov-on-Don, without interruption in flights (for the first time in the modern history of domestic aviation).
Pobeda was the first airline whose liner landed in new Don Airport. The aircraft landed in Platov on the schedule, at 11:00. The aircraft left for Moscow at 12.00. Platov has serviced 12 flights for the first three hours of operation.
All passenger services: parking, shops and cafes, a pharmacy, luggage storage, baggage packaging, have been commissioned.
Characteristics of the airport complex:
- Total floor area of the passenger terminal: 50,000 sq.m.
- Capacity: 2 thousand passengers per hour
- Number of telescopic gangways: 9
- Number of check-in counters: 33
- Oversized luggage check-in counter: available
- Passport Control booths
- Departure of international flights: 24
- Departure to the countries of the Customs Union: 6
- Arrivals of international flights: 25 (7 of which can serve passengers from flights from the countries of the Customs Union)
- Transfer zones: 7 booths in each
- Any kind of transfer is possible: arrival Domestic Flights - departure Domestic Flights, arrival Domestic Flights - departure International Flights, arrival International Flights - departure Domestic Flights, arrival International Flights - departure International Flights
- The technology of servicing passengers from the Customs Union countries has been implemented
- Single screening & vetting area
- 2 enhanced comfort lounges in the domestic and international sector
- Priority Pass passenger hall
- Comfortable and spacious room for mother and child with shower, kitchen, bedroom, and playroom
- Children's recreation areas
- Parking facility for 2,500 cars
- Handling of cargo: 20 thousand tons per year
- Runway: 3,600 m
- Number of aircraft ramps: 45
- Target aircraft type: Boeing 777-300ER
Platov International Airport is the largest infrastructure project in Rostov Region. The airport was built in Aksai District, 4 km to the north of the village of Grushevskaya. The project was implemented as part of a public-private partnership with participation of the Government of the Russian Federation, the Government of Rostov Region and Airports of Regions management company. The total budget for construction of the new airport made 47 billion rubles, including 19 billion rubles as private investment.
The first stone in the foundation of the future air terminal facility was laid on 1 November 2014. On 8 November 2017, Rosaviatsia issued a permit for commissioning of the facilities erected by the investor as part of the construction project.
Main construction facilities:
- passenger terminal
- cargo terminal
- administrative and process facility with a briefing room for crews
- special transport and repair service buildings, state control bodies buildings, Duty Free warehouse, process utilities building, dog service buildings, logistics warehouse, and boiler house
- apron, airstrip and taxiways and apron
- air-traffic control tower
- radio engineering facilities