Rostov-on-Don international airport handles international and domestic flights. It is one of the largest airports of the Southern Federal District. In September 2014 it joined Airports of Regions Holding. The airport collaborates with 30 Russian and foreign air companies. The destinations network connects Rostov-on-Don with 50 cities in Russia and abroad through scheduled and charter flights.
After Airports of Regions Holding acquired an operational control over Rostov-on-Don airport in 2015 the following works have been undertaken:
- the reconstruction of the 2.5 km long runway at the cost of investor Public Joint Stock Company Rostovaeroinvest (700 million RUB, about 12 million USD). Thanks to this the airport got admission to receive airplanes Airbus A-321-100/200.
- reconstruction of the airport terminal: included the construction of additional departure gates and expansion of the concourse. New catering and retail points were opened at the airport.
- the expansion of the short- and long-term parking.
Upon the outcomes of 2016:
- The number of air passengers of Rostov-on-Don international airport accounted for 2,094,677.000 people.
- The airport made 11.132 departures.
- The volume of the processed mail and cargoes amounted to 5.710 tons.
- Over the past year 27 airlines operated scheduled flights from Rostov-on-Done airport.
The geographic reach of scheduled flights included 38 destinations.